Thursday, June 10, 2010

End Walls

This is the window end wall, fully assembled with shutter tracks, shutters, and carved headboard. I am starting to primer it in the photo. Because my garage is not tall enough to fully assemble the wagon and then be able to get it out, I am having to assemble the end walls as seperate units and then attach them after the wagon is out of the garage.
They probably weigh in at well over 300 lbs and have been on and off the wagon more times than I really like to think about. I suppose that I could have used thinner wood for the beadboard but I wanted it to really hold up well to the wind hitting it at highway speed, so it's way overbuilt.

Learning Curve Note:
I used a jigsaw to cut out the shape of the end walls. Because of the curve and the thickness of the wood there was a lot of deviation in the vertical tracking of the blade. Because of this there will be a lot of fairing compound between the bows and the end wall to even it out. I should have used a plunge router mounted on a beam compass instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment